Wednesday May, 24th.
Omaha Gives! is an effort to raise awareness about local nonprofits and celebrate the work that they accomplish to improve our communities. More than 800 local nonprofits will be working to raise money together while competing for the opportunity to earn participation prizes. Learn more by visiting OmahaGives.org and please be sure to begin donating to the Friends of the Library by clicking on the logo above between now and May 24th. Each hour on the 24th, two donations will be randomly selected to receive an additional $535 added to it.
On May 24th:
- Throughout the morning and early afternoon the Bennington Public Library will be holding a series of events in recognition of Omaha Gives starting with preschool story time at 10:30 AM with a day at the beach theme!
- Grab your sunblock and flip flops and head on down to get a good spot on one of our towels laid out as we have guest readers, sing songs, and color.
- After school gets out, elementary aged children from 3:30 to 4:30 PM will be creating miniature art, tic tac toe, and Lego themed summer travel kits!
- Once the library has closed, from 6:30 to 7:15 PM we will be hosting a stuffed animal sleepover. Bring your favorite stuffed friend, come read a story together, and say goodnight to your stuffed animal while it stays overnight and gets into some mischief!
- The following morning children may pick up their stuffed animals beginning at 7:30 AM.