CLICK ON THE LINKS/IMAGES BELOW TO ACCESS RESOURCE.
Jobs For Teens
- Jobs for Teens is our newest addition for a resource to help all teenagers find a job.
- Whether it is your first time in the workforce or you are looking for a secondary position, Jobs for Teens has the tools to help you find it.
Glassdoor Resource for Library Users
- Glassdoor is a great source to identify job descriptions, salaries, reviews from past and present employees, and anything else that you may deem necessary in your next job search.
- With unmatched U.S. news content from local, regional, and national sources, this resource is the largest of its kind.
- Its diverse source types include printed and online newspapers, blogs, journals, newswires, broadcast transcripts and videos.
- Explore a specific issue or event through the detailed coverage provided by local reporting or compare a wide variety of viewpoints from across the country on topics such as politics, business, health, sports, cultural activities and people.
- Bennington Public Library patrons may access this resource by using the following login:
- Enter 26340 plus your 6-digit library card number.
- Example: Your library card number is 999999, you enter 26340999999.
- The Friends of the Bennington Area Libraries is a non-profit organization promoting the interest and welfare of the Bennington area libraries.
- For more information visit : http://benningtonfol.org
LIBRARY BOOK BAG SEWING DIRECTIONS
- Bennington Public Library has a long-time tradition of giving homemade book bags to children when they first sign up for a library card.
- These have been provided by various volunteers in the Bennington community.
- For those who would like to help ensure this tradition continues, we have provided the direction and pattern in the link above for you to download.
- Donations of fabric are also appreciated. Thank you!
- Free online access to thousands of current full-text magazine, journal, and newspaper articles; up-to-date business information; biographical information.
- The official website for the City of Bennington.
- News, resources and contact information for city services and organizations in the community.
- Formed in 2005, a non-profit organization that represents the interest of the community and the donor, promoting community improvement projects.
- The official website for the school district of Bennington, NE.
- In addition to news and contact information, the Bennington Public Schools website offers many online resources to parents and students, from academics to emotional well-being.
Great Websites for Kids
The Bennington Public Library joins several communities across the state that have earned the designation of “Read Aloud Community” for 2008/2009. Read Aloud Communities are required to promote November as “Read Aloud to a Child Month” among citizens throughout the community as well as to engage in a variety of read-aloud activities throughout the year. The Bennington Public Library has made the commitment to promote reading aloud to children as one of the most important things adults do to help children improve their vocabulary, enhance listening skills and develop positive attitudes toward reading and learning,” says Mark Claussen, chairman of Read Aloud Nebraska. “We are proud to support “Read Aloud Communities” throughout Nebraska as they share the joy of reading with people of all ages.” The “Read Aloud Communities” program is an initiative of Read Aloud Nebraska, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to “promote healthy, successful children and families through reading aloud”. To learn more go to the Read Aloud Nebraska website at www.readaloudnebraska.org.