Mondays & Thursdays at 10:30 AM
- Introduce young children to books and reading at our morning story time, held twice weekly throughout the year.
- Each week, stories, songs, and movement activities are adapted to match the ages and attention spans of the children attending.
- Parents learn how to foster early literacy skills to prepare their children for learning to read.
- Library staff will answer questions about books and library services, and teach parents how to interest their children in books.
- An adult must remain with children.
- Space is limited!
- Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
EVENING BOOK CLUB
Every Third Tuesday of the month at 6:30 PM
- The Evening Book Club meets at various restaurants in Bennington.
- Dates & times are subject to change and/or the wishes of the participants.
- Please call the library or check the web site to confirm the date, location & time.
June 20, 2017 – The Apprentice By: Tess Geritsen
@ Subway (15825 CW Hadan Drive)
WEDNESDAY MORNING BOOK CLUB
Every First Wednesday of the month at 10:00 AM
@ Bennington Library Community Meeting Room
June 7, 2017 – The Weird Sisters By: Eleanor Brown
July 5, 2017 – The Girl on the Train By: Paula Hawkins
August 2, 2017 – Cuckoo’s Calling By: Robert Galbraith
September 6, 2017 – The Light Between Oceans By: M. L. Stedman
October 4, 2017 – The Forgotten Garden By: Kate Morton
November 1, 2017 – Landline By: Rainbow Rowell
FREE WI-FI (WIRELESS INTERNET) SERVICE
- The Bennington Public Library is pleased to offer wireless Internet access thanks to support in part by the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the federal Institute of Museum and Library Services and granted by the Nebraska Library Commission and a donation from the Friends of the Library.
- Our wireless network is open to all and does not require any special login, password, or encryption.
- You’ll need a laptop or other portable device with a built-in WiFi or installed adapter card; otherwise we offer three desktop computers to be used at thirty minute increments depending on each case.
America’s News, including Omaha World Herald
- With unmatched U.S. news content from local, regional, and national sources, this resource is the largest of its kind.
- Its diverse source types include printed and online newspapers, blogs, journals, newswires, broadcast transcripts and videos.
- Explore a specific issue or event through the detailed coverage provided by local reporting or compare a wide variety of viewpoints from across the country on topics such as politics, business, health, sports, cultural activities and people.
- Click the sidebar icon to get started.
Bennington Public Library patrons may access this resource by using the following login: Enter 26340 plus your 6-digit library card number.
Example: Your library card number is 999999, you enter 26340999999.
- We offer use of our die cut machine and die cuts.
- Please ask a staff member for assistance.
- Die cut shapes available include:
- “My Grandpa” /“My Grandma”, Wise Man, Pirate
- Shark, Koala Bear, Turkey, Penguin, Baby Chick, Frog (Small/Large), Lion (Large), Insects, Lady Bug, Butterfly, Teddy Bear
- Tree, Flower, Maple Leaf, Star, Apples, Pumpkin
- Christmas Tree, Gingerbread Man, Snowman, Mitten, Pumpkin
- Popsicle, Hand Mirror, Flag, Tea Pot and Cups, Sailboat, Flip Flops, School House, “Read” Bookmark, Gift Tag, Magnifying Glass, Kite, 1.5″ Dot Letters A-Z, 1.5″ Dot Combo, Volkswagen Beetle Car (Large), Puzzle (Large), Bag (Large), Rectangle (Large), Oval Picture Frame (Large), Magic Book (Large)
The Bennington Public Library loans cake pans for home use. For a list of cake pans type in “cake pan” in the search bar of our catalog.
If you make a cake using one of the library’s cake pans, we would love to share a picture of your masterpiece on our website and Facebook page. Please send your digital photo to email@example.com so it can be part of an online scrapbook. This lets other library patrons see different decorating ideas.